SESSION FORMATS & FEATURES
Our new live and VOD platform takes our video-coached sessions to a new level in terms of training results, technical features, and community connection.
Here’s what types of sessions you’ll see in your training calendar:
- VOD sessions (Bike and Strength): these are pre-recorded coached video sessions you can access anytime, anywhere, from any device.
- LIVE sessions (Bike): Matt Dixon livestreams his San Francisco bike class and you can join in virtually from anywhere in the world. Matt will be able to see you and provide real-time coaching feedback. In turn, you’ll be able to see him and your fellow athletes.
- Live sessions run every Tuesday and Thursday at 7am Pacific.
- REPLAY sessions (Bike): In a Replay, you’ll follow a coached VOD (or a recording of a live class) that runs at a prescheduled time. You’ll be able to interact with other athletes doing the same Replay via voice and video.
- Replays run Tuesdays and Thursdays at: 7am AKDT, 7am CT, 7am ET, 7am GMT, and 7am AEST. We will add more slots in the future.
There are several features that you may be able to use depending on your equipment setup. You’ll learn more about these in your first VOD, but we’ll take a quick tour here:
- Video-based coaching throughout workout: get guidance from warmup to cool down from IRONMAN Master Coach Matt Dixon and the rest of the coaching team. These high-value videos help you perfect your form, technique, pedal stroke, pacing, terrain management, cadence range and more. (accessible for all indoor bike equipment types)
- Real-time onscreen data/metrics: see your current power, cadence, and heart rate on screen (bike metrics require smart trainer and/or power meter; heart rate metrics require Bluetooth-compatible chest strap)
- Resistance control: at key points in the workout, we will adjust the resistance on your trainer to simulate hilly outdoor terrain (requires smart trainer)
- Competitive leaderboards: Compete against other athletes on how well you can execute the session and hit the prescribed targets (requires direct-drive smart trainer, wheel-on smart trainer + cadence sensor, or power meter).
- Video and voice interaction in live and Replay sessions: communicate with the coaches and your fellow athletes in Live and Replay sessions, and get real-time feedback on your technique during Live classes (requires camera and microphone)