As a Purple Patch athlete, you have free unlimited access to our coached workouts!
- Before you start:
- Click HERE to download and read the set-up guide!
- Interval is a third-party platform we use to host all our live, watch party, and on-demand sessions. When you hear us refer to 'Interval', that's what we mean.
WHAT ARE COACHED SESSIONS?
Coached sessions amplify training and results with enhanced, immersive, fun and and interactive live and on-demand versions of your existing workouts. There's three different types:
- VOD (Video-On-Demand): these are enhanced video recordings of your workouts. You can enjoy a fully-guided version of your session by following along with these videos anytime, anywhere, from any device.
- LIVE CLASS (bike sessions only): these are sessions live-streamed straight from the Purple Patch Performance Center in San Francisco and taught by Matt Dixon. These use two-way video -- you can see Matt (and all the other participants), and they can all see you. You'll receive valuable real-time coaching on your form and technique.
- LIVE WATCH PARTY: these are live sessions led by a Purple Patch coach, where everyone in the session is synced up and watching the same VOD, executing it together. Just like with our live-streamed classes, you can all see each other, and you'll get real-time coaching on your form and technique throughout from the coach. But with watch parties, you'll also get interactive voice chat so you can talk to each other during the session.
(NOTE: Headphones are REQUIRED for watchparties, and you must join from a computer or tablet -- no phones).
HOW TO LOGIN AND ACCESS SESSIONS
- In order to access coached sessions, you must be logged into Interval! If you're not logged in, our system won't recognize you, and you'll be prompted to pay for the class.
- Typically, once you login on a device, you'll remain logged in. Once logged in, you'll be able to access the coached session with a single click right from the workout in Todays Plan.
- Here's how to login:
- Click HERE or find a button like this in a workout:
- You'll be taken to Interval. Click "Log In or Sign Up" in the top right corner:
- Enter your phone number, then your email (this links your phone number to your account. You only have to do this step once, ever.)
- Interval will send you an instant-access code to your email address (instead of passwords, Interval uses instant-access codes). Simply enter in the code to login:
- Refresh the page in your browser to ensure you're successfully logged in. Instead of the "Log In or Sign Up" button, now you should see a circle with your initials in it.
- You typically remain logged in once you complete these steps, but if you end up logged out, login is simple: click the "login" button again and enter the access code (now that you've linked your phone number, it will come via text).
NAVIGATING INTERVAL TO FIND YOUR SESSION
- Look for a button like this in your workout:
- When you click it, you'll be taken to our Interval main page, or to a specific collection. (You may also be taken to a specific VOD.)
- If you're taken to the main page:
- "Upcoming Schedule" shows upcoming live sessions
- "This Week's VODs" shows the current Tri Squad VODs
- "Live Education Events" shows upcoming educational live events
- If you're taken to a specific collection, you'll see a group of sessions
- If you're taken to the main page:
Simply find the session and type you want, and go! For example: if I'm a Tri Squaddie looking for today's VOD bike, I'd scroll down to "This Week's VODs" then click the matching workout. If I'm a Strength athlete looking to do a live watchparty, I'd find that watchparty in the collection, then click "Reserve".
- A few other notes:
- We strongly recommend Reserving a spot in any upcoming live class or watch party. Not only does this send you a reminder for the session, but it also allows us to communicate quickly with you if there are any last-minute changes to the session.
- If you're still seeing pricing even after logging in, it usually is because you used a different email than we have in our system. If you're having trouble with this or wish to use a different email address, let us know and we'll fix it for you.
We want your experience with coached sessions to be amazing. If you have any questions or need help with equipment setup or purchase, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org.