With the Purple Patch Squad, your calendar will automatically be loaded with the Baseline training plan each week unless you have a specific race build applied.
We recommend that when you do add races to your calendar, go ahead and also apply your race builds in advance.
The Squad library contains four, seven, and ten-week builds for Olympic, Half IRONMAN, and IRONMAN distances. Each of those also includes a time-starved training option as well.
Note: each race build also includes a set number of recovery weeks which will drop in your calendar post-race.
Applying a Race Build
To apply a race plan (or build) to your calendar:
- Log in to your Today’s Plan account on the website (cannot be done via mobile app)
- Select the Purple Patch Squad Race Plans by clicking on Plans next to Workout Library
- Make sure you have a key race added to your calendar and count back the number of weeks of the plan you would like to apply (10 weeks, for instance, in an IRONMAN build)
- Simply drag and drop that build on the Monday you would like to start. It will take a few seconds to populate, but you will quickly see the entire race build load into your calendar.
From there, you can always drag and drop workouts to different days to better accommodate your schedule.
Deleting a Race Build
To delete a race build:
- Click on your name in the upper right or Today’s Plan
- Select Plans from the drop-down menu
- Find the Race Build you want to delete and click the Trash Can icon on the right
If you had already moved off the Baseline plan and were competing your race build, it can take up to 24 hours for the Baseline plan to reload.
To learn more, watch the video that accompanies this article.