Quick Start Guide to the Purple Patch Squad
Step 1 - Log in to Today’s Plan
- Go to: purplepatchfitness.todaysplan.com.au
- Enter your user ID (provided in your Welcome Email)
- Enter your password (provided in your Welcome Email)
Step 2 - Set Up Your Profile and Thresholds
- If your account profile does not open up immediately, click on your name in the upper right and select Account from the drop-down menu.
- Find Display Units on the left near the bottom and choose metric or imperial.
- Enter your weight, height, birthday, and any of your other preferences.
- Enter your current time zone.
- Click Save.
Step 2a - Bike Power and Heart Rate
- Along with the upper menu, select the Thresholds/Zones tab.
- Click the blue button and select Ride from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Power Settings to open up that section.
- Enter your Functional Threshold Power (FTP) and the date of your last test and click Save. This will update your power and heart rate zones.
- If you don’t know your threshold power or want to do another test, click HERE to learn more about thresholds and zones and how to add threshold assessment workouts to your plan.
- Click on Heart Rate Settings to open up that section.
- Enter your bike threshold heart rate and click Save.
Step 2b - Run Heart Rate and Pace
- Click the blue button at the top and select Run from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Heart Rate Settings to open that section.
- Enter your running threshold heart rate and click Save.
- Click Pace settings to open that section.
- Enter your running threshold pace and click Save.
Again, if you don’t know these numbers or want to update them with a new test just click HERE to read more about it.
Step 3 - Connect your Devices
- Staying on the same account page, click the Connections tab along the top.
- Select your first device/service such as Garmin Connect and click Connect.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to give Today’s Plan access to this data.
- Repeat the process for any additional devices or services.
- If you have any trouble, please read the article “Connect Your Devices and Fitness Apps to Today’s Plan”
Step 4 - Read The Baseline Plan vs. The Race Builds article to understand the power of the Baseline Plan and when to add Race Builds.
Step 5 - Install the Today’s Plan Mobile App
- Go to the app store on your Android or iOS device and search for Today’s Plan.
- Install the app.
- Open the app.
- Enter your user ID (provided in your Welcome Email).
- Enter your password (provided in your Welcome Email).
- You now have access to all of your training on-the-go.
- If you have any trouble installing the mobile app please see this article.
Step 6 - Connecting to Zwift
- Go to my.zwift.com and log in to your account.
- Select Settings in the upper left.
- Select Connections in the upper left.
- Find Today’s Plan among the list of options and click “Connect”
- Click “Allow” to give Zwift access to your Today’s Plan data.
- Now any biking workout in Today’s Plan will appear in Zwift. To access these workouts, launch Zwift.
- Select Training or Workouts and scroll through the list until you find Today’s Plan Custom Workouts.
- Select the workout you want to do and click Workout.
- If you are having trouble connecting, check out the video in this article that will take you through step by step.
That’s it! You are ready to go. If you have time, there are a few more steps that will really enhance your experience. If you can’t get to them now, we suggest you come back when you do have time.
1 - Are you racing soon?
- Check out these articles below that will help add races and race builds into your training calendar. Adding races and race builds to your calendar (even if they are months away) will prevent the baseline pan from automatically loading into your calendar and giving you more workouts than you need!
2 - Connect to the Community
- You are part of a wide-reaching, vibrant, and dynamic community. To maximize peer to peer support and advice, and all that the community offers, you must get involved. What you bring, you will get out, so embrace your teammates. It will help you thrive. Purple Patch has an athlete’s only Facebook Group. To access, visit the page HERE and request membership. We’ll get you added to the conversation right away!
There is a lot more you will want to learn how to do. Below are our suggestions:
GET HELP - If you have any trouble or questions, feel free to reach out to us. The various options for support can be found HERE.