Quick Start Guide to the Purple Patch Tri Squad
Step 1a - Log in to Today’s Plan
- Go to: purplepatchfitness.todaysplan.com.au
- Enter your email address as the user ID
- Set & enter your password
Step 1b - Log in to Interval - THIS IS CRITICAL!
- Instructions HERE
Step 2 - Set Up Your Profile and Thresholds
- NOTE: If you have issues doing this, it may be because your account is temporarily in free trial mode. This is an artifact of how you have been added into our system and is temporary. It will go away in your first few days of training.
- Click on your name in the upper right and select Account from the drop-down menu.
- Find Display Units on the left near the bottom and choose metric or imperial.
- Enter your weight, height, birthday, and any of your other preferences.
- Enter your current time zone.
- Click Save.
Step 2a - Bike Power and Heart Rate
- Follow the video on updating your thresholds HERE
- In the top of the same section you were just in, select the Thresholds/Zones tab.
- Click the blue button and select Ride from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Power Settings to open up that section.
- Enter your Functional Threshold Power (FTP) and the date of your last test and click Save. This will update your power and heart rate zones.
- If you don’t know your threshold power or want to do another test, click HERE to learn more about estimating thresholds and zones.
- Click on Heart Rate Settings to open up that section.
- Enter your bike threshold heart rate (average HR during your FTP test) and click Save.
Step 2b - Run Heart Rate and Pace
- Click the blue button at the top and select Run from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Heart Rate Settings to open that section.
- Enter your running threshold heart rate (average HR during your last assessment, or about your fastest manageable 5K) and click Save.
- Click Pace settings to open that section.
- Enter your running threshold pace (or your fastest manageable past from a recent 5K) and click Save.
*NOTE: Purple Patch Fitness does not utilize CTL, ATL, Tscore (TS), or Time-Available. Please disregard these fields.
Step 3 - Connect your Devices
- Staying on the same account page, click the Connections tab along the top.
- Under "Incoming", select your first device/service and click Connect.
- Garmin users: make sure to also click "Outgoing" at the bottom of the window and connect the Garmin connection here too. This is one of the steps required for you to be able to use structured runs.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to give Today’s Plan access to this data.
- Repeat the process for any additional devices or services.
- If you have any trouble, please read the article “Connect Your Devices and Fitness Apps to Today’s Plan”
Step 4 - Install the Today’s Plan Mobile App
- Go to the app store on your Android or iOS device and search for Today’s Plan.
- Install the app.
- Open the app.
- Sign in with your user ID email and password.
- You now have access to all of your training on-the-go!
- If you have any trouble installing the mobile app please see this article.
1 - Are you racing soon?
- Check out the article below that will help add races and race builds into your training calendar. Adding races and race builds to your calendar ahead of time will prevent the baseline plan from automatically loading into your calendar and confusing you with duplicate workouts.
2 - Connect to the Community
- You are part of a wide-reaching, vibrant, and dynamic community. To maximize peer to peer support and advice, and all that the community offers, you must get involved. What you bring, you will get out, so embrace your teammates. It will help you thrive. Purple Patch has an athlete’s only Facebook Group. To access, visit the page HERE and request membership. We’ll get you added to the conversation right away!
GET HELP - If you have any trouble or questions, feel free to reach out to us. The various options for support can be found HERE.