How do I optimize my Garmin for Purple Patch Training Sessions?
Garmin has released their training API files so now it is easier than ever to upload structured workouts to your device. This means you will no longer need to go through the Today's Plan IQ app and the sessions will integrate with older Garmin devices.
If you wish to utilize this great new feature:
1. Go to your Today's Plan account on your computer (not your mobile app)
2. Click on your name then click "Account"
3. Click on "Connections"
4. Ensure you are connected to Garmin Connect under "Incoming" and Garmin for "Outgoing. This will require you signing into your Garmin Connect account
5. Open your Garmin Connect app on your mobile phone or your computer. Look at your calendar and check out the newly uploaded structured workouts on your calendar. This may take up to 10 minutes to update. Sessions will only populate 5 days into the future.
6. Sync your device with Garmin Connect to update your device
For more information, read Today's Plan's instructions.
Remember Purple Patch is only creating structured workouts for indoor bike sessions because indoor bike sessions can be boring! A structured workout is a method of writing a workout so it can sync with smart training devices like Zwift, Trainerroad, and Garmin. This feature is a core component of the Squad programming to help you feel like you are receiving true, guided training from Matt Dixon no matter where you live in the world. We believe that you need to swim and run by feel and have not created structured workouts for these disciplines.
Technology can be an amazing assistant during your training sessions when it is functioning as it should. However, when it is not, we know firsthand how frustrating it can be. We are always trying to improve the functionality and usability of third-party systems, so if you have any issues, please write into the help desk.