To be over 12 hours or not to be under 12 hours? That is the question.
We listened to our athletes and heard that you were overwhelmed, wanted to see your sessions turn green (I mean, we all love that!) and that all of you are time-starved (who isn’t?). So, we came up with a plan to make sure you can check all the boxes and find a little more confidence in your plan. We get it! We want that, too.
You will now have an option to decide what your calendar view looks like. That’s right - you will get to choose! You will be able to either see Over 12 Hours: View One or Under 12 Hours: View Two.
- View One: Displays every prescribed session of the week just like always - you manage your schedule and workout load through scaling options. 12 and over hours of work.
- View Two: Displays a single daily priority session (plus strength and brick workouts) chosen by your Purple Patch coaching team. Under 12 hours of work.
Remember, you will arrive at your race fit and fresh whether you do View One or View Two, and will have the option to turn on and off this feature as often as you wish.
Today's Plan Toggle Feature FAQ
How do I learn how to use this feature?
Are all of the sessions in View One KEY sessions?
- No! We include both KEY and SUPPORTING sessions to be shown in View Two each week. This ensures supportive sessions such as an important “supporting” recovery run or an accumulation weekend of biking or running is included to provide balance and align with our methodologies.
Why did we add this feature?
- We know the needs of our Purple Patch athletes are varied. If someone wants to be told exactly which sessions to do, wants a truly time-starved option, or might be scaling down due to inexperience, injury, or fatigue, we wanted to take the guesswork out of which sessions to prioritize. So, we wanted them to be able to use the Under 12 Hours: View Two option to quickly and simply meet their needs.
Will I be stuck with one view?
- Nope. As mentioned above you will be able to toggle on and off this option as often as you like. In fact, if you choose to go with View Two and have the optional sessions hidden, you will see a small downward arrow on the days a session is hidden which you can click to reveal the session. Whether you use that feature or you toggle back to View One, you will never be locked into your choice.
Is this just for the Baseline?
- No, this will also be applied to all new builds launched in January 2020.
Will my daily emails reflect my choice view?
- Unfortunately, no, we do not have that function yet. It is important to note your Tomorrow's Plan email will show all sessions regardless of your view. If you delete off a session or move it to a different day, it will change your Tomorrow's Plan email as the email only tells you which sessions are on the calendar (hidden or not).
We hope that this feature will simplify your training based on your unique needs. Let us know how it is working for you!