Our team has been hard at work to build a training program that is the catalyst for all that we envision our Squad athletes to be -- empowered, educated, and motivated.
To accomplish this, our updated Baseline Plan aims to:
- Allow you to chase the training specificity needed to improve.
- Ensure that our team is presenting your training in a way that is clear as possible and simple to manage within a time-starved life.
- Enable and empower you to easily adapt to the schedule to suit your needs without losing the intent of the workouts. Simplicity is the aim as we don’t want it to be a second job to shift your training.
- Find a better path forward. The last months we added a lot in to support you because of the changes to life worldwide, but it also allowed us a moment to look in the mirror and examine our current practices/
- Keep you motivated and charging ahead.
We want this new Baseline Plan to really improve usability, grow your confidence and understanding of the program, and enable you to have a strong sense of direction.
What will this look like?
- New Baseline Plan Layout
- Radically simplified visual layout of programming - with only one session daily to also include strength sessions and brick runs.
- Highlight the key days to improve athlete decision-making ability
- Monday’s Weekly Summary in the Baseline Plan is more important than ever.
- This will guide you in modifying your plan to bolster your training. In any given week of training, the Purple Patch team will offer guidance on how to enhance training load if desired by drawing from the new optional library, and ensuring you can easily manage training within scope.
- If you don’t want to add load, you can easily follow only the sessions listed in the default view.
- When planning your week you can quickly identify your two central days of training — the ones to ‘do not miss’, which are easy to switch and evolve dependent on schedule.
Example of the New Baseline Plan:
Example of Baseline Plan Option:
The New Optional Workout Library:
- We have cleaned out and rebuilt a highly usable Optional Workout Library.
- All sessions in the optional library are supporting and will be what we draw from to enable athletes to boost endurance, resilience, and training hours as needed.
- The Optional Library will be periodically refreshed to remove staleness and align with the phase of training we are in.
- The Purple Patch team will deliver options/advice each week on how to draw effectively from the optional library in the week summary within Today’s Plan.
Introducing Virtual Races and Challenges, and Better Integration of Live Coaching Sessions:
- The new layout will synchronize with refreshed Live Coaching and Zwift sessions so you are not haphazardly adding additional load to your week.
- The new Baseline Plan can seamlessly build in team-wide Virtual Races and Challenges to provide a compass in our training, optimize accomplishment, and even a little friendly competition.
We hope you are excited about our journey forward as we seek to achieve clarity, simplicity, and execution of training as intended. And, it is also less overwhelming, so that’s always a bonus! We want you to be empowered and aligned with your goals to keep you in charge of your path forward.