We are rolling our structured runs to athletes, and below are a few important notes to ensure you can take advantage of them successfully:
IS MY DEVICE COMPATIBLE?
- GARMIN: Yes
- Interval text/information display may vary slightly by model
- You will need to make sure the "outgoing" link is active in Today's Plan (see below)
- APPLE WATCH, POLAR, SUUNTO, or COROS: It Depends
- APPLE WATCH: possibly compatible via third-party setup: you may be able to use the "Outgoing" Strava link in Todays Plan (see below), then sync from Strava to Apple Health via HealthFit
- POLAR: not currently compatible as far as we know
- COROS AND SUUNTO: possibly compatible by syncing via a third-party app or manually downloading and syncing the .fit file to your device (see below)
- GARMIN: Yes
IMPORTANT TODAYS PLAN SETTINGS
For structured sessions to export properly, you'll need to check these two settings:
1) Activate the OUTGOING link between Todays Plan and your device/software (e.g. Garmin)
- Sign into Todays Plan
- Click on your name in the top right corner and select "Account"
- Click "Connections" (the gray bar near the bottom of the window)
- Click "Connect" to link your account. If you have a Garmin, use the Garmin connection. If you have another type of device, you may be able to sync indirectly via Strava, RideWithGPS, or Underarmour (MapMyRun).
- You will be taken to a separate website to complete the process. Follow the prompts you're given on that page to activate the connection.
2) Make sure TARGETS are enabled for your runs:
- NOTE: these checkboxes will not be visible until you've completed step 1!
- In that same window as above, select the "Thresholds/Zones" tab
- At the top of this tab, you'll see a blue button. Select "Run" (if it's not selected already)
- Make sure the "Heart Rate Targets" and "Pace Targets" boxes are CHECKED:
MANUALLY DOWNLOADING AND IMPORTING A RUN POWER FILE
If there is not a direct sync between Todays Plan and your device, you may be able to download the .fit power file and then import it into your device yourself. To do this:
- Open Todays Plan on a desktop browser and click on the desired workout
- In the top right corner of the workout window, click the download button
- Select the "Garmin FIT 🖤 option" (with a heart in the name) to download the file
- Import this .fit file into your device (usually via a website/portal, or via an app on your computer, depending on the brand)
If you have any questions or are having trouble using the structured sessions, give us a shout at email@example.com.